h/t Renegade Tory
Who is he?
He is the Premier of Province; Ontario. He won a Liberal Majority in 2003 and 2007 and was re-elected for a third term in 2011 with a Liberal Minority Government.
Why is he a Deceiver?
He pledged to NOT RAISE TAXES, however he developed a reputation for becoming the Tax Man in the latest election attack ads. He has little to no disregard for the tax payers.
- In 2003 he imposed a Health Premium of $300-$900 based upon income
- He imposed the HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) which combined the GST and PST into one tax. This was supposed to lower Provincial Liqour prices, but since the LCBO is a Government Monopoly, he raised the price of alcohol to offset the taxes.
- He promised that the introduction of the HST will create 600,000 jobs over 10 years! (Also never happened)
- He proposed offering a $10,000 Tax Credit for companies which hire new immigrants (as opposed to the unemployed youth who should be the first priority)
- He has piled up Ontario with a $16,000,000,000 deficit and has no means of controlling it. The Federal Government has increased money transfers into Ontario by 77% since McGuinty took office.
- During the G20 summit in Ontario, he introduced a secret bill through Parliament which allowed Police to detain anyone who didn’t show ID. Essentially the same tactics of the Gestapo and the Terrorist Basij group.
- Just overnight, he introduced an “Eco-Tax” which ranged from $0.02 to $7.00 which was secretively placed into the Liberal Government’s Agency; Stewardship Ontario.
- He wasted $1,000,000,000 in PAYING Quebec and the US to take surplus power we produced, which was then downloaded onto the Ontario Families.
- He spent $7,000,000,000 dollars to purchase Wind Power Technology investments from Samsung. Even though this created “a few jobs”, it actually caused Ontario to lose more jobs than it created simply because power generated by Wind Mills cost a whole lot more than power generated from Nuclear or Hydro.
- He spent $1,000,000,000 to make our Health Records electronic. This was supposed to be spearheaded by the Liberal Agency; eHealth. However in the end, NOTHING WAS ACCOMPLISHED. Receipts issued by consultants at eHealth were found to be charging taxpayers for muffins and Tim Hortons coffee.
- He spent $370,000,000 to operate ORNGE, an air ambulance service, plus an additional $300,000,000 in capital expenditures such as a fancy headquarters, furniture and an orange coloured chopper motorcycle in the lobby. The Liberals ignored the warnings that ORNGE had major financial irregularities since 2004. The founder Chris Mazza is the biggest asshole of all time, as he took loans (interest free) from the company (taxpayer dollars) totally $2,600,000 to renovate his house. He also used taypayer dollars to fund a consultant job for his girlfriend, who then became the Vice President. McGuinty also paid 5 senior executives at ORGNE $2,500,000 in 2010 which wasn’t disclosed on the Ontario Sunshine List as has been mandated.
- McGuinty has bloated the Ontario spending and has increased the number of Public workers making more than $100,000/year by 10% over one year alone (2010 to 2011)
- McGuinty always favours the union demands
Other broken promises (h/t Ross Ayotte)
A vote for the McGuinty Ontario Liberals is a vote for higher taxes, higher fees and higher hydro rates, and there will be a huge increase in all of the above to pay for his grandiose campaign promises if re-elected and one thing we all know is there will be more broken promises, scandals and ‘Premier Dud’s’ Liberal friends getting richer.
McGuinty has made a lot of promises to the people of Ontario since 2003 – promises still not kept.
Here’s a list of some of those broken promises:
- In Health Care, McGuinty promised to:
- Fund medically-necessary health care services (but he de-listed eye exams, chiropractic care and physiotherapy)
- Unclog Emergency Rooms
- Provide autism treatment beyond age 6
- Provide better mental health care
- Hire 8,000 nurses
- Cancel P3 hospitals in Brampton
- Spend ‘every penny’ of the new health tax on health care, and
- Close ‘private’ MRI and CT clinics
- For the Environment, McGuinty promised to:
- Meet 3/4 of Ontario’s share of the Kyoto commitments
- Divert 60% of municipal garbage to recycling by 2005
- Ban organics waste in our landfills
- Give the Ministry of Natural Resources the resources to protect fish and wildlife
- Close coal-fired electricity plants by 2007, and
- Eliminate mercury emissions from coal-fired electric power generation plants by 2010
- In Education, McGuinty promised to:
- Establish a standing committee on Education to hold yearly hearings
- Ensure 75% of students meet or exceed the provincial standard on province-wide tests within the first mandate
- Set a hard cap of 20 students for early grades
- Provide a new funding formula for rural and northern schools, and
- Stop school closings
- In Infrastructure, McGuinty promised to:
- Provide a Seamless Transportation Network across the GTA
- Stop 6,600 houses from being built on the Oak Ridges Moraine, and
- Build 20,000 new affordable housing units
- In terms of Managing Taxpayer Dollars, McGuinty promised to:
- End Federal Child Tax Credit clawbacks
- Not raise taxes
- Stop the waste of taxpayers’ dollars
- Balance the budget every year of their mandate
- Not add to the province’s debt
- “Give you the power over the role of money in politics, by asking you to set strict limits on the amounts political parties can raise and spend.”
- Give taxpayers better value for money while keeping taxes down, and
- Abide by the balanced budget law
- Regarding Responsible Government, McGuinty promised to:
- Allow all non-cabinet MPPs to criticize and vote against government legislation
- Govern with honesty and integrity
- Operate an open and transparent government, and
- Reduce the use of private consultants
- In other areas, McGuinty promised to:
- Create tens of thousands of new child care spaces
- Make the Ministry of Agriculture a lead ministry
- Implement all of Justice O’Connor’s Recommendations
- Provide 35,000 Housing Allowances
- Repeal the Tenant Protection Act within one year
- Provide legal rights to victims of crime
- Cap hydro rates at 4.3 cents per kilowatt hour until 2006
- Require trades and professions to accept qualified immigrants within one year
- Eliminate barriers to foreign-trained professionals within one year, and
- Establish a public inquiry into meat inspections
All of the above commitments to Ontario voters have been broken since Dalton McGuinty became Premier of Ontario.